Monday 9 March 2015

A little Spring Bounce

I took this video of an incredible display from a male Blue Tit last Spring. Such a big effort from a teeny bird. He started what I think was his courting ritual in April, jumping to the log, fluttering up and down the window then across to the feeder and back again, the only sound "tappity tap" as he collided frequently with the window. Marvin's visits started early morning and went on for hours each day. For three weeks the ritual continued until he finally found his soulmate.
Spring has arrived early this year, as I am writing this I am thrilled to say Mr. Blue Tit is back again and has started his merry dance once more, I would like to think it’s Marvin. Around and around isn’t nature fantastic.



http://www.thenorthdevonfocus.co.uk/focusonRSPB.htm
Window on the World: A short vido clip by P. Adams (2014)
Photo: Marvin's return 10/3/2015

No comments: