Monday 7 October 2019

October Highlights. Art Exhibition at Barnstaple Library with local artists Ken Funnell and Bill Bromfield.

Barnstaple library welcomes local artists Ken Funnell and Bill Bromfield with their upcoming exhibition showcasing their distinctive styles. 

Ken Funnell
"I have returned to a favourite pastime after a long interruption whilst working in the aerospace industry, this has given me a keen eye for detail which is reflected in my favoured medium of pen and ink. Subjects range from aviation and architecture to marine and the countryside, more recently I have been developing my skills in the use of acrylics and I am also satisfying a long held interest by exploring techniques in relief printing. I am currently chairman of the Bishops Tawton Art Group."

Clovelly Harbour. Artist Ken Funnell

Bill Bromfield
"As an artist living and working in North Devon I find inspiration towards every horizon and potential paintings along every mile of our glorious coastline.
Watercolour is my choice of medium – it is versatile and unpredictable. I love the transparency of watercolour and the way colours mix together on the paper to produce exciting results. I enjoy sketching outdoors and often develop these “plein air” studies back in the studio. I am a member of several art groups and this helps my artwork by sharing tips and knowledge with others."

Blackchurch Rock - Artist Bill Bromfield
👀👀👀
Barnstaple Library
North Devon Library & Record Office, Tuly Street, Barnstaple EX31 1EL. Website
The pictures will be on display in the foyer area 
from Saturday 12th October to Saturday 26th October
(closed on Sundays)  

No comments: