Monday 19 August 2024

Birds of a feather Class of 24….all change for this years fledgings

One of the benefits of living in the countryside and having a wildlife friendly garden is that, even on rainy days, I can follow the daily habits, progress and transitions of the birds through my window throughout the year. I have captured their first tentative outing after leaving the nest. watched the squabbling as they become more confident juveniles. Watching without disturbing their routines I can capture the subtle changes in their feathers as they transition into adulthood.

I spotted the first fledgling Blackbird on May 23rd.  Pictured below are just some of the transitions of the Blackbirds and those highly aggressive Starlings.

The kinds of  birds you attract to feeding stations depends entirely on the type of birdfood you put out. The birds that visit my garden all year round are Blue Tits, Blackbirds, Chaffinch, Sparrows, Robin, Goldfinch, Great Tit, Coal Tit Collared Doves, Wood Pigeons and a very illusive Wren with an annual return in the Spring of Siskin, Jay and Woodpecker. I have seen one Greenfinch on the feeder this year.

Blackbird transitions from fledgling to juvenile. Photo copyright Pat Adams North Devon Focus

Starling transitions from fledgling to juvenile. Photo copyright Pat Adams North Devon Focus

👀👀👀

Pat Adams' North Devon Focus. My North Devon Coast & Country Chronicle

Facebook 😊 - Flickr

Explore the Coast and' Country' side of  Bideford Bay and Beyond 

No comments: